Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Traveling Knitting


I did get a little knitting done this weekend while traveling to and from to visit the grandkids. I started a scarf using Knit Picks Ambrosia (DK weight) in colorway Mulled Wine. I'm sorry to say that this yarn is no longer available BUT they have a wonderful DK weight called Elegance that I would substitute (it has silk in it!!).

So... I started the Classic Elite Yarns Breast Cancer Awareness Scarf by Heather Bagni. (or you can go to Classic Elite webpage to check out the pattern.) You knit two halves and sew them together. The pattern is fairly easy (after you do the bobbles). I had not done bobbles before but had seen how they were done. So it wasn't bad (definitely not as bad as short row heels!). The the rest of the scarf is a two row repeat.

And a close up:


I have enough yarn to make this scarf but alas! I have been informed it will not be long enough. The request is for a 5 or 6 ft scarf not a 3 ft. So I will continue with this one because I like it. I like the yarn (80% baby alpaca and 20% cashmere) and I like the pattern.

So it looks like I will have to go shopping for some yarn! (darn) (haha, like I'm really upset over that one!! haha) But since Christmas is only a week away (eek! I must get to knitting!! I'm almost finished with my Christmas knitting) I will wait until after the 1st of the year to do any shopping. (besides, I did tell my wonderful husband that I'm done with my shopping)


No comments: