Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Finish-a-long

I'd like to tell you I finished all kinds of knitting today. But I can't... so I won't.

Instead I can tell you I have about "some" (I think that equals to 4 or more) projects on the needles. Two of them are close to being finished.

I can also tell you about the Ravelry OT: FGF Insanity groups "Summer Finish-a-long"
We are suppose to pick a UFO to finish by the fall. So I have until September 1st to finish my Icy Blue Shawl (that I have worked on a little bit at a time and put it away because I was seduced by another project/yarn) So I won't mention when exactly I started this shawl.
The pattern is from Knitter's Magazine, Issue 69, Winter 2002. It is a beautiful shawl done in horsehoe cables using Jaegar Mohair Art and size 10 1/2 circular needles. (it is knitted back and forth)

IF I manage to get this shawl done for the fall and IF I manage to not be too overwhelmed by all the Christmas knitting I want to get done, I could wear it on one of the 'rare' cool evenings in the fall winter here at the edge of the desert.

Oops! to late...
I looked at the new issue of Knitty.com and have printed at least 6 of the patterns. The first one I want to make is the Entomology Wrap .

2 comments:

SuKnitWitty said...

Edge of the Desert? Today feels like DeadCenterDesert! Whew! It's Hot! We will have to stand in front of the fan to Knit!

SusanB-knits said...

Where do you think I was all day?! I had ALL the fans going. It's the only place to knit!!