Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Progressing Along...

...even with startitis, knitting progress is being made.

This month's Fingerless Glove Fanatics kal is "purple." You choose what pattern you want to knit but the yarn has to be purple or a variegated purple or striped with purple or handpainted with purple (you get the idea).

Nathair Mitts by Dianna Morgan (Knitasaur)

I'm using Debbie Bliss Alpaca (80%) Silk (20%) Aran (worsted weight) in Purple on US 8 dpns.

A lovely cable pattern. I have the thumb to do on this right mitt and then I'll start the left one.

I am finding it hard to think about giving these away but I am suppose to be working on Christmas presents. I love this cable pattern and will definitely have to make myself a pair!


The FGF: the Sock Group is having a Green kal. Knit any pattern in green.

I am knitting a basic sock with a K2, P2 cuff, a three inch leg, and to change it up a bit, I've knitted an Eye of Partridge heel flap.

I'm using Plymouth Yarn Rockin' Sox in Green/Teal/Purple on US 1 1/2 dpns.

This sock is my traveling sock. And, since we are traveling this weekend, I hope to finish it and start the mate.





Here is another berrystitch bag. This one is definitely a gift and I need to get it done soon.


The back was done on the Bond Knitting Machine. The front is the Knitting Needle Knitting Bag

I am using Brown Sheep LanoLoft in Turquoise on US 10 1/2 straight needles. I'll pick up the stitches for the back and add a few rows before sewing the side and bottom seams.






And definitely NOT last (but the last one I'll mention today) is a sCrapBag. It is part of a kal with SuKnitWitty.
I am using (what else) scraps!! Well, since I don't have many scraps, um... they're mostly um... from SuKnitWitty. She is kind and generous to share some scraps with me.

They are (so far) Red Heart worsted weight yarn.

The back was done on the Bond Knitting Machine (did I tell you I LUV that machine?!) (I am going to get one of my own... soon... so I hear)

I then picked up the stitches and proceeded with the hand knitting of some delicious ribs.


So that is all I'll mention for today, don't want to give away all my WIPs (hehe) Some are worked on a few rows at a time and some are sitting patiently for their turn.

"When life throws you scraps, make a scrap bag!" (you can always use it to carry a new project)

2 comments:

SuKnitWitty said...

OhGirl! You are SoBecoming a BagLady! The Ribs are LookinGood and the BerriesVeryBonda! The SocksRock and the Gloves....Well, they look 2Big4U!

Gigi said...

Well, you're a busy girl! Love the purple mitts, and the bags are so purty too. I thought about making one of the bags but I need XXL ;-) for all my stuff -- guess I should ask Miss SKW if making a giant one is possible?