Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yarn seduction

A few weeks ago while visiting our youngest daughter, I got to visit Yarnside Gathering in Pensacola. I was very good. I only bought one skein of Plymouth Yarn Co. Happy Feet (in a semi-solid green).

I immediately wound it and started knitting!! and I'm very happy with it.

Well... we went back for Thanksgiving... and I couldn't resist...
I had to buy some more! Here is enough to make a pair of socks (of course in my favorite colors!)

Also, when I visited the first time, I had my eye on some Pagewood Farms merino/bamboo blend in Vineyard Blues. I did not get it then ('cuz I was being good). BUT... since I went back, why not get it?!
I have not tried this yarn before and look forward to giving a try. Especially since my favorite is a merino/bamboo blend.

But, before I can start with this yarn, I have to finish some Christmas knitting. (Back to knitting and stop petting my new yarn)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, that top skein of purply-blues is gawjuss! The other one pretty, too. Good for you for resisting and good for you for getting some later! LOL :D Doesn't bamboo make the softest yarn? I can't believe it.
Toodles my friend~

Pom Pom said...

Why resist? I can't wait to see the socks! Can you show the Christmas knitting?

Sue McPeak said...

Is that all? You were sooooo good! Pretty colors! I've got show and tell.....will get there tomorrow....just got back...Sue