Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I've been working on socks (no big surprise)...

Of course I started the new Sock Knitter Anonymous (SKA) May Mystery Sock (clue 1 finished on one sock). And I couldn't resist starting the Solid Sock May/June Mystery Sock (clue 1 finished on one sock). I did work on the SKA March Mystery Sock (I know, it's now too late for them to qualify for a prize but I still want to finish them). And I did work a teeny bit on the Solid Sock April/May Mystery Sock (I have until the end of May to finish them)

But mostly I've been knitting on the test knit...

I'm loving the pattern! I did start out with the recommended needle size which is for a man's sock. But! I think I'll be keeping these for myself so I went down a needle size after 4".

And then I spent a few hours playing with yarn colors (I have the SSYC colorcards) to see what combination I could come up with for some striped socks. Yep, I'm toying with the idea of knitting a pair of stripey socks for the SSYC Summer of Color sock contest. (I don't want to mention I looked at colors for a mosaic sock... I'd probably be way over-extending myself trying to knit two pairs of socks for the contest in addition to the other socks I have on the needles!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sue-B, that's a gorgeous colored yarn...it caught my eye. Nice cable stitch ya got goin' there.

SusanB-knits said...

Thanks Mary! I do love cables.

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I want a closer look! You are a sock genius, I think!