Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not just stash...

... it's a collection!!

 To Collect: seek, locate, acquire, organize, display...

Today is "Embrace Your Geekness Day" and according to the WikiHow, I'm a geek.

There. I've said it.

So I'm embracing my inner Geekness and sharing a few pictures from my collections. (you didn't think yarn was the only thing I collect did you?!)

Trekkie or Trekker?
...an avid fan of Star Trek. Some Trekkers believe that a Trekkie is obsessed with Star Trek and has no life, while a Trekker is simply a big fan. (and yes, I've been to a Star Trek Convention)

Moss Rose china
... my girlfriend in Florida got me started collecting this beautiful rose pattern dishes.  Here are a few of the many dishes/objects I've collected over the years by searching through flea markets and antique stores. (I cannot compete with my girlfriend's collection. Her front room is full of Moss Rose stuff)

Teapots, useful and decorative
I am a tea drinker and of course I have teapots! Here are only a few of the many teapots I have displayed around the house. (and there are many more hiding in cabinets)

I think I fit the description of a collector and a geek, don't you?!  I mean, it's not just stash 'cause I'm "seeking," "acquiring," "organizing,"and collecting the yarn not only for use but also for "display."

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

It takes guts to live your stash out in the open. Me? I have no intention of letting certain people know exactly how much yarn I actually have. I admire you, however.

SusanB-knits said...

Ahhh... but it is not all of my stash, um I mean collection.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Your yarn "collection" looks like mine. Ah, I love moss rose!...both the china pattern and the plant ;) I have a few pieces of Moss Rose china I've inherited here and there.