Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Almost done with Hagrid's Motorcycle socks
I should get the second sock done by tomorrow.

And I worked on the Solid Sock Sep/Oct Mystery Sock. I'm working on the heel which isn't showing in the picture.
I am using String Theory Caper Sock (it has cashmere!! and it feels wonderful to work with)

And I worked on the Shawl Collared Cowl.
I am using Cascade Pure Alpaca (100% baby alpaca) in blue and size US 6 & US 7 needles. I know the pattern calls for US 8 & US 9 but to get gauge I had to go down two needles sizes! (mentioned in previous blog).  I love the yarn and the pattern. The yarn is so soft and will feel wonderfully warm around my neck. (I do hope we get a few cold days this winter)  The pattern is well written and is working up quickly. Great pattern!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see what pretties you are working on. Such beautiful pieces and lovely colors.

JelliDonut said...

I'll send you some cold days. How many do you want?

Unknown said...

Those Hagrid socks are looking good. And I keep meaning to tell you, I like your sock blockers!

Connie said...

The socks are lovely, Susan. You are so talented!

debbie bailey said...

I'm truly amazed by what you've knitted. And the yarn available today make such beautiful garments. Makes me want to knit! I'll have to get some of my other irons out of the fire first.