Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Picky Picky

The Wednesday Knit Group decided we would all work on a sweater on Wednesday this year.  So, this past Wednesday, I officially started my sweater.

After ripping out the ribbing two times, (I didn't like how the cast on looked for the first one and then I discovered the pattern had been upsized and that size would fit me better so I "frogged" it again) the ribbing is done and the first row of the back is on the needles.

 Must Have Cardigan (ravelry link) from Paton's booklet "Street Smart"

Now, I don't want to say I'm a perfectionist picky but I do want this sweater to look good. I look at myself as a "high achiever" enjoying the process of achieving my goal of a perfect good looking sweater.

This sweater will definitely have lots to keep my focused by keeping track of what row I'm on for the moss stitch section, the first cable section and then the second cable second. All of these sections have a different amount of rows!

So what to do? Well, of course you build a spreadsheet!! lol

Now I can cross off each section as I do it keeping track of what row and what section I'm on. I also have a sticky note on the cable charts highlighting what row I'm working on. Sound crazy? naw... it works well.  (I have taken over the dining room table with all my charts and papers.)

So now hop on over to SuKnitWitty's blog to get the full scoop on the start to our sweater making.  She's much better at tellin' the tale of our sweatercapades.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I checked out the pattern and I think it's going to turn out to be a really lovely cardigan!

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun! I look forward to following your progress, and thanks for sharing SuKnitWitty's blog link. I enjoyed reading about your get together!

Sue McPeak said...

SPREADSHEET!!!! Of course!! Why did I not think of that??? Cause I do good to make a SpreadSwatch!! You are going to need a bigger notebook for all those sheets! I know you can call this sweater 'SSS'...SpreadSheetSweater!!! Thanks for sharing SuKnitWitty....maybe we will have some Online Sweater Knitters to join us....that'd be fun!

Janet said...

Sounds like you have a great plan for keeping track of all the charts and stitches. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your talent - this will be beautiful!