Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Odd Collection (from my kitchen)


Pick five things from your kitchen that  you think are weird, odd, or just plain funny. It can be food, utensils, artwork, whatever.  Take pictures and share them on your blog!  

I don't know that I have any weird, odd, or funny items from my kitchen. But I did find 5 things to share with you...

I recently started making my own guacamole. For my birthday, my daughter got me an avocado slicer. I tried it out yesterday. Pretty nifty item!





One year for Christmas I bought my brother-in-law an electric wine bottle opener.

After I saw how easy it was to use, I wished I had bought myself one.  

Soooo much easier to use than the corkscrew.

Well, he got me one the next year for Christmas!!

Just charge the battery, place on top of the wine bottle and press the top of the button. After the cork is pulled, push the bottom of the button and the cork is spun out of the opener.



Great huh?!  another nifty item


When the grandkids visit, they love to have their sandwiches cut into "odd" shapes.

I drink tea, hubby drinks coffee. Our Keurig is the best investment we've made after all the other money spent on coffee makers. My tea does not taste like coffee!

And my favorite...
... Love it! It makes great hard boiled eggs. And so easy to use.

Don't forget to check out Bellathena's Blog for more "Odd" things and leave a link to your blog if you'd like to play along.

5 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh that was fun. The advocado slicer makes sense but for some reason it struck me as funn looking and I cracked up. Why, I don't know !

Minerva said...

Oooooo...I want an avocado slicer! You picked great things! I didn't even know that made a wine opener or an egg cooker in electric form!

Connie said...

What cool gadgets! I've never seen an egg cooker like that either!

Anonymous said...

I Love this! I had never seen most of these things. I am partial to the egg cooker too!

The avocado slicer is so neat too. I learned to make guacamole by slicing the avocado in half, pulling the pit out and then squeezing the avocado out. Gets all the green out! :) Your gadget looks much neater!

JelliDonut said...

I am on my second of that wine bottle opener. My first was a gift from my bff. When I opened it, I thought, "Really?" But I love that darn thing. When it finally died, I bought another.