Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflection

...a fixing of the thoughts on something; careful consideration.

I am thinking about what has been accomplished this past year.  Let's review what my plans were for 2011.

1. I will work on my wips and try to finish at least half of them.
Out of 13 wips I had going into 2011, I finished 4.
I guess I was distracted by too many "shiny" new knitting projects.

2. Add to my sock drawer.
I did!!
Out of 11 pairs of socks, I added 5 pairs of socks to my drawer.  Pretty awesome! I didn't realize I had knitted 11 pairs of socks.  Guess I could knit 12 pairs in 12 months if I wanted the challenge. lol.  The problem is... for every pair of socks I finish, I have two new ones started!

3. Knit myself a sweater.
Sadly this sweater is ONCE AGAIN, not finished.
I did start off working on it one day a week until the summer.  Then different things came up and higher priority other knitting took over and the sweater sat in it's basket pining for me work it. Yep, I'll be working on this sweater in the new year.

4. Learn a new technique.
Check!
I have always wanted to learn Entrelec and was fortunate to take a two-day class last March.  I learned Basic Entrelac construction, knitting backwards, and fabric construction by the Entrelac guru, Gwen Bortner.  She is a wonderful designer/teacher! (it is the second class I've taken by her).  By the end of class, I had a Peruvian-style hat (which I forgot to add to the "hats in review" collage).

I also learned how to cast on using Emily Ocker's cast on  (utube video) for a pi shawl by one of our local designers, Carla Boustead-Willingham.  I made a doily.  I did not tackle a shawl yet.

5. Work on TKGA Master Knitter program.
Check!
Once a week, for two hours, I worked on my swatches and my notebook.  I have 8 out of the 16 swatches done. (because once again, I set this knitting aside to work on other knitting)

Looking back, I feel I have done well with meeting some of goals plans for the past year.  And as always, you cannot plan for what life obstacles are thrown your way.

Completed knitting projects:





Completed needlepoint:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You done good, girl!!!

Here's to a very stitchy 2012!

SissySees said...

What a good year! Bravo. I may have to ponder your approach for my 2012 musings...

Nancy said...

Great list of accomplishments and goals met. Good Job!

kathy b said...

Now that is a fine year of knitting, I will try to match your sock goals in the new year

Janet said...

Good job on all your finishes! Isn't it fun to take a minute to look back at the year? I love the way you have grouped projects together in collages.

Connie said...

It sounds (and looks) to me like you had a very good year. I hope 2012 is just as good or better! :)