Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday

First up...progress on the seed stitch baby sweater
I have started on the left front.   (and yes, that is a bread tie re-purposed as a yarn bobbin holding the yarn tail)  I should be an expert seed stitch knitter by the time I am finished, lol.

A new project... no it is not a bikini... it is a head band
It is the Hera Headband designed by Sarah-Hope Parmeter from the Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders book.
I am using US4/3.5m and elsebeth lavold Silky Wool in a beautiful purple color (I know, my camera and lighting makes the yarn look blue).  There are FIVE charts to this headband.  I have completed Chart A.  It's not difficult, just has lots of twisty stitches.

And this week I started a new needlepoint project
It is the "S" in Santa.  A Raymond Crawford design.  Once a month we'll get a letter to spell out SANTA.  I hope I can keep up, lol.  So far I have the window pane done.

So what are you working on this week?

10 comments:

Connie said...

Pretty colors of yarn. I have to say, I'm kind of glad to hear that's not a bikini. haha! Santa looks cute. :)

Nancy said...

I use bread tags all the time for bobbins, too. ;oD

SissySees said...

I love the seed stitch... all the projects look great!! I need to get to knitting for all of the babies on the way.

Judy S. said...

Cool idea for bread ties, Susan. I'm working on a sweater with double seed stitch; all that flipping the yarn sure slows you down, eh? Yours looks great though. And funny thing, mine's about the same color! That headband looks pretty and challenging! (And lavender on my computer....)

kathy b said...

Okay I LOVE all 3 projects. The purple is so rich looking. Santa always thrills me.

Im knitting a plain old garter shawl with a slit to tie it up easily. It is PERFECT for my whirlwind of circumstances right now

Heather said...

Someone has been busy! I can't wait to see what the fiished projects look like. I started a new project last week, but haven't gotten any pics posted yet.

Grace said...

love the works in progress, must check out the headband looks like a good practice piece!!

Katherine said...

Beautiful! I love seed stitch and I love Christmas needlepoint in May. All great projects.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Wow, you always have great projects going. You're needle pointing too ! I'm in awe.

Janet said...

Three very pretty projects. Not sure I could stick with that much seed stitch. Love the bread tie idea. Off to see if I can find one now. :-)