Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

SKA Sockdown! Sep

The Sock Knitters Anonymous (SKA) has started the new year Sockdown!

Sockdown! Sep's technique is "Yellow" Yep, you read right... "Yellow." The socks can be any pattern knitted in yellow or any pattern by Wendy Johnson in any color. And there is also a choice for this month of doing the mystery sock designed by Nancy Bush. Of course the mystery sock has to be done in "Yellow."

I'm doing the Mystery Sock. "Yellow" is not my favorite color but hey... I'm game.

I emailed Allison at Simply Sock Yarn Co. to see if she had her company yarn available. She had a couple of skeins of "Yellow" left from Sock Summit. yea!!

So I am using Simply Sock Yarn, Hand Dyed, Solid Sock Yarn in Sunflower.
Beautiful color, soft, nice smoochiness, feels great to knit, and I love the way the stitches look.

So far I have clue #1 done ...
The Vikkel Braid is a little fiddly but I love the way it looks! I can't wait for next week and clue #2.

1 comment:

SuKnitWitty said...

FiddleStix! Luv that Fiddly Vikkel Braid stitch and the YELLOW yarn! I've decided to be a VSK for Sockdown! (VicariousSockKnitter)