Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WIP Wednesday

For the first WIP Wednesday of the new year, I present...
the yellow baby sweater...
Started: 1/1/2010 (a New Year cast on)
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Dream Baby Shine DK weight
Color: Cream
Needles: US 3 & US 5
Pattern: Top Down Raglan Baby Sweater by Carole Barneys (Rav link)
or find the pattern here
Sweater Size: 0-3 months

I love this pattern. It is working up quickly (yes, even using the smaller needles). The yarn is lovely to work with for an acrylic/nylon/rayon.
(cough ::yarnsnob:: cough)

I would change one thing. I would k2tog instead of binding off the 2 seam stitches when placing the sleeve stitches on a holder. Binding them off creates a little hole that I will have to sew closed.

Two sleeves to go, sew 2 tiny holes closed, add buttons and I'll be finished!! and Bonus! I have enough yarn left to make a pair of baby socks and a hat. (of course I may have bought some extra yarn just so I could make socks to go with the sweater. I am such a sock addict, lol)

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh, I do so love this little sweater! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting-do come again! Kerrie

SuKnitWitty said...

It is such a sweet sweater! Makes me want to make another one for baby bubba. But, "Iwillfinishotherstufffirst"!
PS...I loved Wednesday! Thanks!

Pom Pom said...

Thank you for the "look" at a dear little garment. Lucky baby.

Gigi said...

How cute and no seaming?!
I still have the pieces for a sweater I finished months ago sitting on the table waiting to be sewn together -- hate it ;-)!
G