Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Immediate knitterly attraction

Yarn sales seduce me by their artfully arranged attraction. The colors and different textures make it hard to resist. I am fascinated by the multitude of patterns making it hard to decide what to make next. And before I’m even done with what I am working on I am seduced by the next yarn calling me to start a new project.

I try not to look at the new yarns listed on the web shops, I really do! But, I can’t help myself. I look anyway. And of course I see many I want. Want being the key word. I don’t need any. So I try to restrain myself for a few weeks. How is that working you ask? Not well. I have so many projects I would like to make, many of them as Christmas gifts. Yep! I’d better get busy. It is already August!

No comments: