Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, August 11, 2008

And for your viewing pleasure...

A couple of WIPs:

"Hearts A Plenty" by Monica Jines. I'm using Sleeping Dragon Yarns, Wooly Bamboo Hand Painted, Roses & Chocolate. I love the sheen of the yarn. And of course it is soft! I am using DPNs size 0. I thought I would never be using needles that small but I guess we all can "be asimmulated."


"Undulating Waves" by Laura Nelkin, using Schaefer Yarns - Heather, Gertrude Ederle. I did have to restart this one to understand how to get the beads to lay correctly. It is the second pattern I've knitted using beads. I love everything about this scarf; the yarn, the beads, the color but it is a challenge to work with that many beads!

My friend in MD and I are doing this scarf as a KAL. It is one way to keep in touch since I recently moved. Not only do we catch up on what is happening; we help each other when we have questions about the pattern. Now to find more time to knit!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Ooooooo Susan that beaded scarf is so beautiful!! I've really been itching to make a beaded scarf lately - just need to nail down a pattern. :)