Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Library day!



Being such an avid reader and a passionate knitter,




I had to come up with some way of reading and knitting. So I have started listening to books on cds while I knit. Yep, “killed two birds with one stone,” (well, not literally).

This week I got Sherrilyn Kenyon's, Devil May Cry; Dean Koontz's, Odd Thomas; Diane Mott Davidson's, Sweet Revenge; and Sandra Brown's, Chill Factor.

I have not read anything by Diane Mott Davidson but I like mysteries. Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorite authors. I just bought Acheron (a huge, thick book!). I’ve been waiting months for that book to come out. My girlfriend in Kansas City recommended Odd Thomas. Since I use to read all of Dean Koontz’s books but haven’t lately, I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve been into reading mysteries and paranormal lately. I haven’t read many of Sandra Brown’s books but the few I have read I definitely enjoyed.

Another idea I thought about checking out is e-books. Has anyone tried the e-books? I wasn’t sure if it would be hard to read on a small screen or what kind of reader is needed. There is something new out, Amazon.com’s Kindle. I thought I’d check it out. One advantage to an e-book reader is you can load multiple books on it. Then I wouldn’t have the stack of books lying around. More room for yarn!!

So no, I haven’t given up reading the written word. There is nothing like loosing yourself in a good book. And I do take a book with me when I go out, “just in case I have to wait.”



No comments: