Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, September 29, 2008

"Baton" on its way & something new

The Dishrag Tag "Baton" is on it's way! I was at the Post Office at 8:33am this morning (our Post Office opens at 8:30). I'm excited that my team has finished but sad that we didn't place in the top three. But hey! maybe we'll be fourth?!

Something new:


I mentioned some yarn calling me to be wound up and I was looking forward to starting a new pair of socks with the Simply Sock Yarn Co. sock club yarn.

So I wound up Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock colorway Peacock (varigated) and Plumage.






And I wasn't even finished winding, when out jumps Schaefer Heather, Nancy Ward shouting wind me too! You know you want to start another scarf.

So before I could even start the new socks, not to mention even getting the needles for the scarf, I was side tracked by Ravelry. Yep, once again Ravelry has lured me into a new group. This group is the "Sock Knitters Anonymous." I had to join! I'm a sockaholic. I'll admit it.

So this group has a year long challenge, SockDown! Each month there will be a new challenge. It is to challenge yourself with something new, a design, technique, etc. You don't have to participate each month but it sure sounds like fun. And you have until the end of the following month to finish the socks!


Here is the start of my BFF Socks by Cookie A using Great Adirondack Yarn Co. Silky Socks in colorway Myrtle Point.

And yes, I've been working on them...



BUT, I did also start the intended socks:


(more on them later)

No comments: