Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Projects

I joined the Fingerless Gloves Fanatics on Ravelry. There are two September knit along (kal). Of course I joined both! The first one everyone voted on what pattern to do. We are all doing Porphyria by Cissy Black. I voted for this one because I like the cable look but it is not cabled! I'm using Knit Picks Gloss sock yarn in Burgundy on size 2 dpn. I love the silkiness of this yarn. It is great for fingerless gloves!

The second kal is a choose your own. There are so many patterns out there to choose from. hmm? A while ago I had bought the pattern, Argyle Mitts by Monica Knits. Perfect! So I am knitting these with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, color Denim on size 1 dpn. This is the first time I've used Lorna's Laces. It is wonderful yarn! It has a nice feel (I'm all for soft yarn) and I like the stitch definition. I will have to be careful and keep my tension even!

I can't sing enough praise for Monica Knits! patterns. They are great! This fingerless mitt is my second pattern of hers. I like her patterns so much I've ordered 5 more!

No comments: