Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Been knitting

I have been knitting all week and got lots done.

I worked on the SKA Nov Mystery Sock. I made it past Clue 2.


And then I got sidetracked ...


It is Baby Blues by Paula S. McKeever from the book "Off The Cuff" (link on the side bar). I am making them with Knit Picks Gloss in black using Knit Picks Harmony dpn size 2.75. It is a lovely, lacy pattern with a four round repeat which is easy to remember. AND before I could get the second glove finished, I was working as a test knitter for another pair of fingerless gloves! (more about those gloves later)

BUT, just so you know, I do finish stuff here are the Argyle Mitts:


pattern by Monica Jines of Monica Knits! Her patterns are available at The Loopy Ewe and Simply Sock Yarn Company. Yes, I am keeping these for myself! I originally picked the pattern for me but since I'm working on Christmas gifts, I was thinking about who would love them as much as me. But... I almost never make myself anything, so I'm keeping them! : )

And here are a couple more dishrags. They are quick and easy to make. I seem to always have one going on the needles. They are great for some mindless knitting.


So now back to knitting. I have a special request so I have to go stash diving.

No comments: