Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Harry Potter, ghosts, mystery



I have finished listening to Harry Potter books 6 & 7. I laughed, I cried, and now I'm sad it ended. These are such great books! I have seen all the movies and I can't wait for the next one to come out.


I also finished reading "Dead Girls Are Easy" and "A Match Made in Hell" by Terri Garey. She is the author of paranormal comedies of life and death. Yes, it involves ghosts. I had not read any of her books and picked them up because the covers caught my TX daughter's eye. She showed them to me and after reading the back I thought I'd give them a try. They are great! I highly recommend them.

Next up on the list is "Deadly Night" by Heather Graham. (Yes, another paranormal thriller) What can I say, I like ghosts, vampires, and such. I also like mystery and sci-fi. I guess it depends on what mood I'm in as to what I want to read.

Some of my favorite mystery authors are Shirley Damsgaard (her books have mystery and witches!), Casey Daniels (mystery and ghosts), Cleo Coyle (mystery and coffee shop), Laura Childs (mystery and a tea room) and of course I read all the mystery books with knitting and yarn involved.

For Sci -fi books, I'd have to list all the Star Trek ones as a favorite. Anne McCaffrey's "Dragon Rider's of Pern" books, Frank Herbert's "Dune" books, and Marion Zimmer Bradley's books about Avalon are also way up on the top of my favorites list.

I read many authors and a wide variety of books and I guess they are too numerous to list. I could go on and on about books... It's another passion of mine!

2 comments:

Frasypoo said...

Hello Mrs B
Your husband gave me this i.d
I love knitting and crocheting too.I dont have the patience to make anything but scarves every winter and since I use them it seems okay to have an entire closet full of them(hubby does not know about it yet!)

I have a crocheting question.Everytime I crochet and turn,I decrease stitches.What am I doing wrong.It looks like a triangle.
Thankyou

SusanB-knits said...

It sounds like you are not doing a stitch in the top of the turning chain.
I've sent you an email with a webpage to check out.