Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, January 8, 2010

First Finished Object(s) For 2010

Finished the yellow baby sweater...
(the picture doesn't look yellow but it is a pale yellow)
I found the yellow cat buttons at Yarn Heaven in Arlington TX. They are so cute!

And I couldn't resist knitting a pair of socks

She may have a lot of socks but now she'll have a pair knitted by gramma.

I used the same yarn as the sweater and size US 4 dpns. The pattern is a basic sock pattern with a k2, p2 ribbing on the leg, and the foot stockinette.

(you knew I'd get a pair of socks done for the new year! lol)

3 comments:

Linda said...

That was quite a little trip for buttons, from San Angelo to Arlington, unless you purchased them online.

Love the little sweater and socks.

I am a timid knitter so my goal for the year is to try new things. I mainly like to knit socks.

Gigi said...

Cute, cute, cute! Lucky little baby!

Pom Pom said...

I thought I'd already read this post, but when I checked back I see that I hadn't and what a delight it is, Susan B! I want to make some little socks. I've never had success at socks, but I keep trying. Your little yellows are all kinds of gramma lovely! Thank you for sharing. Have a knitty week! I wish I could! (BIG HUG!)