Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!

We have had some HOT temperatures this week. Yesterday was a record breaking 106 degrees!
Even the birds wanted out of the heat...
We hung this line under the covered patio to hang our wet bathing suits and towels. The wild birds think we did it for them, lol. Even when we took the line down, they still managed to find a place to perch!!
 Today it is 100... so far...
We are watching the Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay. It is 105.3 on the field! I can't imagine playing baseball in that kind of heat, in Arlington TX, where there is more humidity than we have here. The Rangers are losing. I'd like to say it's because of the heat but it's not. They played yesterday afternoon, in this high heat, and they won.

Summer is here early.

5 comments:

monica said...

Those poor birds, and the humans too. It was in the 90's all last week here, with the nasty humidity.
I love the Orange post, it is a very happy color.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Pom Pom said...

Yikes! It's hot here, too. I can't sleep. The birds are so cute! You captured them perfectly.
Take a dip in the pool for me!

Jen said...

Wow! That is hot. I have been in Alabama for these past few weeks so I haven't had the pleasure. Though it is hot and humid here... BTW, I added you guys to the knifty knitters mod squad.

Gigi said...

I hate Texas in the summer! Guess that's blasphemous thing for a GRIT to say, but there you are. Wish I could afford to buy a summer house in Wales or Oregon or Maine -- anywhere cool!
Guess we've just got to stay in the water or in the house for 3 months - at least ;-).

Anonymous said...

I do feel sorry for the birds. Lovely Martins aren't they? Swallows?

Hey, that's why they (the pro ball players) get paid the big bucks! They can stand a little heat - plus, they're young and fit.