Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Color of the Month

The Color for

Red! White! Blue!

Red... the most emotionally intense color. It stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. Red... a passionate color. The color of love. Red... the color of fire and blood. It is associated with war, danger, power and strength. Supposedly it is the first color perceived by man.

WHITE...the absence of color. WHITE...the color of purity, cleanliness, and innocence. "WHITE as the driven snow"  Surround yourself with WHITE to refresh your mind. The ancient Greeks wore WHITE to bed to ensure pleasant dreams.

Blue...invokes rest and is calming. Blue...seen as trustworthy and dependable. Blue... the favorite color choice for toothbrushes. Blue... the least common color in the foods we eat. Owls are the only bird that can see the color Blue.


My favorite color is Blue


IF I start a new sock for this month, it will probably be with Blue yarn!!

3 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

I do like Red White and Blue! Nice PatrioticYarn Post! Nice pictures....love the genius RoadRunner!

Pom Pom said...

Blue IS happy. I like it, too. You ARE the sock making wizardess.

Anonymous said...

Blue is my favorite color, too. Love the pitcher/bowl in blue and white there - it's beautiful. Love those red, white, and blue yarns, too. Have a safe, happy 4th :)