Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  
  • Head on over to Should Be Reading and leave a link to your post. Then check out some of the other teasers. 

My tease for this Tuesday...
"Hey, I didn't ask for this job. You were the one who decided I had magical powers."
"Not my call," Diesel said. "The BUM picked you out of the gene pool."

~p.31 Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

I've read all the Stephanie Plum books. When I heard Diesel was going to have his own book, I had to read it! A pastry chef teams up with him to help find the Seven Stones of Power.

It has laugh out loud parts just like her other books. Great read!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a must have! Thanks.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Sounds like a fun game. I will jot Wicked Appetite down on my list ! Thanks

Lori said...

I want to read this book in a bad way. I hope that you are enjoying your book. Wanna see what my Teaser for Tuesday is?

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Out of Touch by Brandon Tietz (Page vii):

I used to be the kind of guy that would have no problem reading Playboy or Hustler on an airplane, but that me in "the before," and nearly everything has changed since that time in my life a little over a year ago.

This is not a coming of age story.

If that's what you're wanting then I suggest you put this down and read something else: something with a happy ending. Like Penthouse.

Or: the funny pages.

This is me giving you your official warning.

Because where this goes, you might not be ready for.

jlshall said...

Good teaser! I've never read anything by Janet Evanovich, but I hope to change that very soon!

Emma Michaels said...

YEAY! Teaser Tuesday!!!!!!! Here is mine! It is the day when my to-read list just can't stop growing!!!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.comsts

BLHmistress said...

I have no reason why I haven't read any of her books but if they have the sense of humor I love so much might have to add them to my list.

My Tuesday Teaser