Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Groundhog Day!!

Just after dawn this morning Punxsutawney Phil DID NOT see his shadow!  Spring is on it's way early this year.

The Groundhog Day celebration is rooted in German superstition that says if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on February 2nd, Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks.  If no shadow was seen, then spring would come early.

...and in our neck of "the edge of the desert"
 snow

I know it is nothing compared to some areas of the country that has been inundated with snow but for us it is  a rare once a year occurrence.

It actually snowed/sleeted yesterday and usually it has melted by the afternoon. Well, not this time! When I got up this morning it was 10 degrees! and now it is snowing.

What a great way to celebrate Groundhog Day and to welcome in Spring!

2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Send some of that heat way my direction--it is MINUS ten degrees here!

Pom Pom said...

And it's Miss Bug's birthday, too! I'm glad spring is coming! It's so cold here that I got TWO days off! Rare and unheard of! I'm loving it though!