Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday

... and for this week.... Scarves


Glitter Scarf by Carla Boustead-Willingham


I am test knitting this pattern using Mirasol Nuna (40% merino Wool, 40% silk, 20% bamboo) instead of lace weight yarn.

Sooooo soft and luscious, beautiful drape.

I am using US4 straight needles.  (in case you were wondering)


My Advent Calendar Scarf

I have actually completed one repeat of the Day 2 with beads. The beads are purple but depending on the light they change color.

You know I picked out all the purple ones from the mixed bag. Well, I need to buy some more. There is not enough purple left to do the second repeat.

But I like the beads so much better than the nupps!!


And a mitt...

I finished one mitt minus the thumb and started the second mitt.

I love the color and the tiny twist to the stitches in the ribbing.



Now I'm off to work on my sweater. It is Wed. Knit Group day and the day to work on sweaters!

4 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Ohhhhh...I do love that first scarf! Yummy Yarn and the pattern is very interesting!

PickyPicky...Purple Picky...sure is pretty though with the different metallic beads!

Nice shot of your Mitt...don't think you'll need to wear them for awhile with the 80 degree day we had today!

Anonymous said...

Your colors/textures are so pretty. Enjoy your evening Susan.

Lynn said...

Your beaded scarf just facinates me- I've wanted to try beading- just never brave enough to give it a go.

SusanB-knits said...

Lynn- just give it a try. It's not as hard as you think. If you don't have a small enough crochet hook, dental floss works great!