Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday

And this week's winners are...
...the YOSS Jun Monkey sock.  One down, one to go. (hey! at least I started the mate, lol)

 The initial bag needlepoint piece...
...loving it!  I didn't care for the white I picked out to use around my initial.  I'll have to look for something else.  I'd like to work a brick stitch (vertical) around my initial.  It is addicting to work on this little piece.

I have totally ignored my shawl and Advent Calendar scarf for the week.  But...

...you know I couldn't resist starting the YOSS Jul sock...
          Pattern: Catherine by Kate Blackburn (scroll down the page until you reach Catherine)
          Yarn: Knit Picks Bare
          Needles: Hiya Hiya 9" circular, US 1/2.25mm

I am loving this pattern!  and since I'm working the socks in white, it will count for the Solid Socks July Socks.  sweet!!

(you do know I'm not done with casting on for July socks, don't ya?!  The Fingerless Glove Fanatics (FGF) Sock group on Ravelry is having a purple kal and a designer kal.  I can do the designer socks in purple and meet the requirements for both groups!  double sweet!!!   BUT, I will restrain myself and not cast on for these until next week... probably...maybe...)

(The Sock Knitter's Anonymous (SKA) group is knitting a mystery sock this month.  I am finding it very hard not to cast on for it too.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine is SUCH a great pattern. I've made it as a gift sock a couple of times. It's always a big hit.

SissySees said...

Lovely. And thank you for reminding me about a petitepointe project on hold for a long, long time!! Hmmm...

kathy b said...

love your little helpers

Anonymous said...

I'd love to make that monkey sock someday. And your gnome with the sock. Oh I love the gnome - and the sock! :)

JelliDonut said...

You are one busy crafter! I envy all your projects.

Katherine said...

You are amazing!! Are you really knitting with one 9" circular? Is that possible? I have to know because if that is possible I will buy all the nine inch circular needles I can find!

Minerva said...

Love the Monkey, and that makeshift gnome hat is hilarious!
The Catherine pattern looks so nice in white. I've made these before too. It's such a beautiful pattern. You're quite productive!