Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catching up

I apologize for the blog silence.  I've just been busy and haven't been on the internet much this past week.

I have been knitting a hat for the local yarn shop.

It was knitted flat and then seamed together using the mattress stitch.  Then it was flattened with the seam in back and the top was sewn closed.  I used Rowan Creative Focus Worsted and US7 needles.

Our local knitting guild is sponsoring a HUGE knitting event at the library October 1st.  We will have tables set up with information, demonstrations, we'll have knitting in public, knitting games, and drawings.  Throughout the month of October we will have knitted items displayed in the 6 large, glass display cases in the library lobby.  I have been busy getting things ready for this event.

I have been busy planning lessons for my knitting classes.  Last night I had a class on different ways to cast on and bind off.  It was a fun class and I think everyone enjoyed it.

I don't have any new sock pictures. 

I do have a picture of our pool.  The water situation is no better so we have closed the pool.  Ellie thinks she is the official pool inspector, lol.

And of course we are watching the Rangers!!   GO RANGERS!

So if I don't blog much over the next few weeks, please forgive me. 

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Love your little pool inspector. Good luck to the Rangers!

Connie said...

The hat looks great, Susan. The event at the library sounds like a good idea. I bet you'll have a lot of fun with that. :)

Katherine said...

The pool inspector appears very professional! You are a busy lady and the event sounds like it will be great fun. I've been promising myself that I would take a class in cast on methods. I've been using the same one for...well, ever!

kathy b said...

Sounds like a very creative month coming up. Loved your hate! I made one like that once....
I do prefer to knit in the round...but that was a fun knit up.