Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, October 1, 2012

New Month

New Challenges Projects

But first.... a report on Six Sock September
Sadly I did not meet the challenge.  I had too many other things going on.  But!  I did get 2 complete socks done and no, they are not from the same pair.

First sock done, Winter Fir (I guess I forgot to take a picture :sheepish grin:  I'll get one taken tomorrow)

Second sock done and mate is done through clue 3, SKA Sep/Oct Mystery Sock

Third sock, Weeping Angel (still lovin' this sock!!)

I also finished the test mittens and they were put in the mail last week.

And now for the new...
Yep, it is another pair of fingerless mitts!

There is a new mystery sock for the Solid Sock group.  I did print off Clue 1 but haven't decided if I'll start it yet.
I do have a few sock mates to work on. hehehe

AND tournament 6 of  Nerd Wars starts today! I did look at the challenges but haven't figured out yet what knitting to do for them.

Happy knitting y'all!

10 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Your Motto should be..."Sock It To Me". Weeping Angel...what a weird name for a sock...but I sure do love the pattern and done in white. Neat the way the rib goes down the top. Regia Silk...hmmmm...new to me!

Thanks for stopping by CITexas Gal...can I borrow your scissors? I know you know right where they are! Will I see you on Wednesday?

Unknown said...

Weeping Angel is a Doctor Who reference, Sue! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angel

You can Google search for images too. Some of the creepiest episodes in the Who universe.

Excellent progress, Susan!

Unknown said...

LOL. I forgot to add that I have a colorway called "Don't Blink," that would love to be a pair of Weeping Angel socks. Double the Who references!

Anonymous said...

Weeping Angel is gorgeous! I rarely knit solid color socks, but this pattern is tempting me.

Nancy said...

I, too, love the Weeping Angel socks, and the white, silk yarn is a perfect match for the pattern. Nice job!

SissySees said...

Love 'em. And you're knitting, which is more than I can say. Even my sweet hubby is reminding me I need to finish the trim on a baby blanket before Friday!

Katherine said...

You are a busy lady!! I love all of the socks but Weeping Angel is still my favorite.

Heather said...

So you're ready for a Mismatched Monday, huh? lol Hey, two socks are better than none, even if they aren't from the same pair. It's funny, too, that you mentioned fingerless mitts. A friend and I were just looking for fingerless gloves at WalMart, but decided against the only pair in stock, as they were pastel pink. We both really want to find some for work this winter.

Janet said...

Weeping Angel is such a striking pattern. I just finished clue 1 of the Solid Sock mystery. Very nice so far.

Judy S. said...

You have been busy! And not alone in the 1 sock of two issue..... love that WA pattern, and now that we're back home am going to try it.
Thanks for the reminder to look for my Regia yarn; I love that stuff.