Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hearts A Plenty


Hearts A Plenty socks finished! WooHoo!
and they are nice and warm. There was a little pooling around the gusset but the rest of sock patterned nicely. Yes, I did struggle with them not being "exactly" the same but they are close. So I am happy.

I enjoyed working this pattern and will make it again. I think it would look nice in a solid or semi-solid color.




And here is a close up of the pattern:


The past few days have been cooler in the morning (like in the low 50s!). It does warm up to the high 70s/low 80s during the day. So I think it is time to dig out my wool socks. But of course I hesitate to do that because I know the cool weather will not last. : (

I am after all in Texas. So I do not think it is an early fall. It is probably just a cold front moving through lulling me into thinking, "hey, it's not so bad here. I lived through the 105 degree summer, at least the fall is nice and cool."

Ha! so I will dig out my wool socks. And when the weather turns hot again, I will wear them in the air conditioned room! I will be ready for fall!

No comments: