Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What if you held a meeting...

...and no one came?
Last night was the first meeting of the Knitters and Crocheters at the Wool n Cotton Shop. I was excited to finally be able to get together with other knitters and crocheters in our area. I arrived 5 minutes early. Imagine my surprise when I tried the door and it was locked! and I didn't see anyone else around.

I thought, hmmm, maybe I'm just too early. I stood around for 5 minutes and then thought I'd go sit in the car and wait. After 15 minutes and still no one else showing up, I called my husband to whine ask what he thought was the proper amount of time to wait.

While talking with him, the owner came and then one more person showed up. Yeah! So we did have our first meeting. The three of us had a good time chatting, knitting, and sharing ideas.

I know their are others that expressed interest in this group. I am hoping they forgot and will come next month.

No comments: