Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Cool again

Once again our weather has turned cool. Yeah! I'm doing the happy dance. It has been around 60 when I wake up and in the 80s by late afternoon. Yep, it is so nice to snuggle under the covers. I think now I can dig out the rest of my wool socks and can wear them in the cool mornings.

Sockdown! September update:
I finished one of the BFF socks and cast on for the second.


I did get gauge but the sock is a little big on me. I am excited that I may just finish these in time to have them qualify in the Sockdown!. With everything else I've been working on, I haven't started a pair for Sockdown! October. I may skip October and be ready to start November. BUT... I do have a pattern and yarn picked out... and I do have until October 31st to cast on... so, we'll see.

And now for the latest sock started:

It is the Anniversary Sock by Nancy Bush from the book "Favorite Socks 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave."

I am using the Simply Sock Yarn Co. September sock club yarn. It is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Peacock and Plumage (cuff). The pattern is on the front of the leg with plain st st on the back. I plan to to do the heel and toe in the same color as the cuff.

I don't know how much knitting I'll get done this weekend. We're off to visit the grandkids!

No comments: