Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!




"Hark! Hark to the wind! 'Tis the night, they say,When all souls come back from the far away-The dead, forgotten this many a day!"~Virna Sheard







Do not be afraid when going out tonight. It is only witches, ghosts and goblins, well... and also a Nemo and Wall E, out to frighten away the bad spirits. (AND to get all the candy they can).

"A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." ~Erma Bombeck

We lived overseas when our girls were little. Halloween was not celebrated. There was no "trick or treating." But, they did get to dress up for school parties and they did get candy (so they were not deprived of the "amassing great quantities of candy" experience). Our youngest daughter's birthday is October 30th so you know I had great fun in baking and decorating a pumpkin cake and having a Halloween themed birthday party! I hope my girls had as much fun as I did.

It is a joy to watch the kids all dressed up to scare way "spirits" and to hand out candy. Although it is hard to part with chocolate. Every year I say we'll buy candy we don't like so we won't be tempted to eat any. It doesn't work. I just go back and buy candy I do like!! I wonder if the grandkids will have any candy left when we go visit them... hmmmm.




"When witches go riding,and black cats are seen,the moon laughs and whispers,‘tis near Halloween."~Author Unknown




No comments: