Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

No more baseball

"The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game." ~Chuck Tanner, quoted in The Sporting News, 15 July 1985

Last night the World Series Game 5 was continued. As much as I wanted Tampa Bay to win, it did not happen. Sad. But it was great they made it to the series! The games were good (sorta of). And I am not totally upset that Philly won. Just dissappointed it didn't last longer and I now have to wait until Spring.

"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball." ~Bill Veeck, 1976


What will you be doing/watching until baseball season starts again?

2 comments:

dons_mind said...

(sigh) guess you'll just have to knit more.......... ;)

SusanB-knits said...

hehe, yep, I'll be knitting even more : )