Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Socks, fingerless glove, and baseball... oh and yarn too!


The BFF Socks, pattern by Cookie A, are finished! Yep finished. And they are finished in time to qualify for Sockdown! Sep.

I love the fall colors and the tiny cables. Too bad they are a bit big for me. I made the medium size (8) but used bigger needles to get the correct gauge. So they will be a gift.

I did not cast on for the Sockdown! Oct even though I had the yarn and pattern picked out. It seems I have a few other projects that needed attention. I am excited about Sockdown! Nov and plan to cast on for the Mystery Sock. I have never done a mystery kal. We were told we'd need a main color and two very contrasting colors. So I picked:
OR:

Bad news: the second choice doesn't contrast enough. Good news: I can use the lime green or multi-green/blue in the first choice with the solid mauve or multi-mauve in the second choice. Yes, using a lime green is way outside my comfort zone but hey, it should be fun to see how they turn out.

Another FO is the "Under the Rose" fingerless glove. Yes, it is only one, so I do have to work on the second one but one is finished and I like it very much. I think my mom will like them too! I hope to get the second one finished before being seduced by more yarn for another project! I already hear a hank calling to be wound into a cake for another scarf.


BASEBALL UPDATE:
As you've heard by now, the Tampa Bay Rays are down 3-1 in the World Series. I sure thought they'd be whipping butt! I still cling to the hope that they will come back and stomp the Phillies. I'll be watching game 5 tonight after my monthly Knit & Crochet meeting at the Wool n' Cotton Shop.

No comments: