Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crochet?!

Yes, I crochet too. I like to crochet afghans and baby blankets. So when I found out the Fiber Arts Guild of West Texas has two service projects, I was happy to help.

In Feb, May, and Aug, they donate Preemie sets (blanket, cap, and booties) to the two local hospitals. In Nov, they donate lap throws/blankets to a nursing home.

I like to knit (or crochet) while traveling and since I'm the navigator, I have plenty of time to do it! So my latest project has been "Lacy Blocks" from the book Quick and Cozy Afghans. I used Carron Simply Soft, 100% acrylic. I used 3 (6oz.) skeins of white and a size H crochet hook. I did modifiy the pattern by changing the size so I only chained 121 and did the repeats 5 times. This gave me the required size of 30" x 40"


I love this pattern and have made it several times. It works up quickly and is an easy pattern to memorize. But I'm not crazy about working with the Carron yarn because it splits easily. It is soft so it does make a wonderful blanket.

So now that project is finished and ready for Nov's Fiber Arts Guild meeting.

And...I've started another crochet project. I am hoping this one will be done in time for Christmas. I know we have at least two trips planned in Nov so I should be able to get this one done in time to mail for Christmas.

I'm using Bernat Satin Sport and a size G crochet hook. It is an easy 2 row repeat: row 1, shells; row 2, chain and sc. decreasing a shell every other row. (at least that's how it's looking so far). The pattern is off the yarn label.

Baseball Update:
It was a good game last night even though Tampa Bay did not win. Their starting pitcher was a little shakey the first inning but then settled down. The score was close, 3-2 Phillies. Let's hope tonight is in favor of Tampa Bay!

No comments: