Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

World Series starts!


The World Series starts tonight!
We are huge baseball fans and are looking forward to watching Tampa Bay kick butt! Not that we're big Rays fans but we like them better than Phillies.
We use to be big Atlanta Braves fans but several years ago moved over to the other side (American League). Our favorite teams, yes teams, are Cleveland Indians and the Texas Rangers. But since they aren't playing, we'll be cheering the Rays on to victory!!

Here is a good article from mlb.com about the "fresh" matchup for the World Series. I think it is great that the Rays, who have never been to a World Series, get to play the Phillies, who haven't won a World Series in 28 years. It is refreshing that we don't have to watch the same teams play over and over again every year. I say let someone else have a chance.

And now...
I'll be patiently (well, I try to be patient (ha!)) waiting for the game to start.

No comments: