Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Vandyke Lace Sachet

Once again I started knitting little sachets. They are quick and fun to make.
So for all you knitters who love lace AND love bags AND love quick knits AND love free patterns, here is the


Vandyke Lace Sachet
Materials: Kollage Hope (100% organic cotton) (DK weight)
Size 5 straight knitting needles
Tape measure
Yarn needle (to sew side seams)

Abbreviations:
K = Knit
P = Purl
YO = Yarn over
K2tog = Knit 2 together
SL = slip stitch knitwise
PSSO = pass slip stitch over
St st = stockinette stitch

Cast on 27
Knit 4 rows.
Work St st for 6 rows.
Eyelet row: K1, *YO, K2tog, repeat from * to last 2 stitches, K2.
Purl one row.
Work St st for 4 rows.

Start Vandyke Lace pattern:
Row 1 (right side): K5, *K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO,* K3, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO, K2; repeat from * to * once more, K5.
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: K5, (K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO, K1)twice, K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO, K5.
Row4: Purl
Row 5: K5, *K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO,* K2tog, YO, K3, YO, SL1, K1, PSSO; repeat from * to * once more, K5.
Row 6: Purl

Repeat rows 1-6, Six more times

Work St st for 4 rows.
Eyelet row: K2, *K2tog, YO, repeat from * to last stitch, K1.
Purl 1 row.
Work St st for 4 rows.
K4 rows.
Bind off.

Fold in half and sew side seams. Thread ribbon or twisted cord through eyelets. Approximate finished size is 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"

(Lace pattern from 365 Knitting Stitches A Year Perpetual Calendar, April 29)

Copyright © 2009, SusanB-Knits. This is a free pattern for non-commercial use only. Please do NOT copy or sell this design or products made of this design; nor distribute this pattern in any form without the express written permission of the copyright owner.

This pattern has been test knitted by the wonderful and talented SuKnitWitty. Check out her blog for more pictures of Grasshopper (her Vandyke Lace Sachet).

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Very cute!

Gigi said...

Oops -- I hit enter before I finished my comment. Wanted to say that I'm so glad you're designing -- looking for your designs to start showing up on Ravelry soon and on to knitting stardom.
Sure could have used your help recently, Miss Knitting Guru, on the most annoying 'Ishbel' pattern (my first lace attempt). Well, actually could be my lack of skills that's annoying not the pattern -- ya think? I think I've frogged it about 5 times then finally gave up. Think I'm going to order some Knitpicks needles and try again though - KBO as Winston C. might say ;-). Speaking of which, did you see "Into the Storm" on HBO the other night? Very good, I thought, but I'm a big Winston groupie, go figure
;-).

SuKnitWitty said...

Oh,Yes...That Little Yarn Ball looks so cute with your pattern.