Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Traveling and knitting

By now you have been wondering what I've been up to and why I haven't blogged in f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

We went on a road trip. A very long road trip.  4,130 miles worth of road trip. Fifteen states in two weeks worth of road trip. We crossed over the Mississippi before it flooded and wondered if we'd be able to get back across it!

We got to see family (the purpose of the trip).  It was very hard to leave everyone but we did have a good visit.

And we did make it back across the swollen Mississippi River.

I made sure I took plenty of traveling knitting. Probably way too much but hey, you never know. My plan was to work on sock mates and finish a scarf. I did not get as much knitting done as I thought.  BUT... I did finally finish March's Year of Stash Socks and one scarf.


And I am working on the mate to this sock....

Now I'll catch up with my blog reading.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad to hear you had a nice visit with your family. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. Sounds like that was quite a trip!

Your knitting projects look great (as they always do!). :-)

Unknown said...

Heh, I did wonder about you yesterday as I was writing my own post. Glad to see you had a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Very cool projects. Love the socks.

Glad you had a good time with the fam.