Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twists of Elegance

Here are the gloves I test knitted for Tracy Tolley.

Twists of Elegance

I used Sublime Yarns Cashmere Merino Silk DK for the main color and Gedifra Cashmerino for the contrast color on size 3.25mm dpns. The gloves worked up fast (I finished 3 days!) It is a very good pattern for beginning colorwork.

And just to update you on the rest of the knitting mentioned here:

I did finish the one Mystery Sock (have yet to start the second one. Been busy working on other Christmas gifts).

I finished the mate to the "Baby Blues" fingerless glove. They are on their way for Christmas.

And the special request:


A cable headband to keep daughter2's ears warm. It is from the pattern "Easy Cable Scarf & Headband" by Subversive Knitting. I love cables! and this headband is easy. I made it in one day using Cascade 220 on size 7 straight needles.

So now on to finish Under the Rose fingerless gloves (yes, they too are a gift that needs to be mailed).

2 comments:

LNS said...

Wow, so many gift knits! I really like the headband, it looks so elegant :-)

SusanB-knits said...

Thanks! I may make the scarf too but that is a project for after Christmas!