Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back from the snowy north

Yes, we're b-a-c-k! And yes, it was cold!! I froze my tushi!


It was -17 degrees when we got to Ohio and only warmed up to 20 (so they said). It also snowed everyday. I do not and I repeat, do not miss the snow and cold. (just a little sample picture of the backyard at my in-laws)

I had hurt my knee before we left for Ohio so I was extra careful in walking (or trying to) in the snow!

I know, I know, there are plenty of you that live in the north and love the snow. My one sister-in-law loves the snow and wants to move back to Colorado. She loves all the snow sports. So yes, I'll admit it, I'm a wuss!!

We got home after a long, long day in the airport, two plane rides and a long car ride (4 1/2 hrs) to 70 degrees. To top that off, today was a high 83! So I have now gone from one extreme to the other.

They are predicting Saturday will have a high of 52 degrees. (no wonder I'm still coughing and sniffling)

Ok, enough whining about the cold...

No comments: