Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seaman's Hat finished and beads

I did manage to finish the Seaman's Hat this past weekend. (it only took two days! woohoo!) And it fits. So it will work nicely for our trip to the cold north.


In other news...
I did get my beads (size 8/0) for the Sockdown! Jan Mystery sock. Bad news, none of my crochet hooks would go through the hole. I tried the smallest hook I have which is a 14. I tried some out of all four packs of beads. None of them worked. : (

Just to check, I got out a couple of size 6/0 beads and tried them. They worked! But, I don't have enough of those beads. : (

So, I started the mate to the Anniversary sock. Maybe I'll get it finished tonight and can take them on my trip! : )

ps - I did order more beads (from a different place). I ordered one pack 8/0 and two packs of 6/0. I am determined to try and knit a pair of socks with beads!! (Besides, there is a pair of fingerless gloves I want to make that needs 6/0 beads).

1 comment:

Frasypoo said...

Love the hat!
Don will look very dapper in it!

Puppies are hard work.I ahte the chewing part!Hope you find a good yorkie