Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Friday, January 9, 2009

So, what HAVE you been doing?

Well...
I was getting over a cold. It kicked my butt! I was in bed for two days and then spent the other days just sitting there being miserable. I am finally feeling better (but still have the sniffles and cough) and now my husband has it!!

I did finish a pair of fingerless gloves that I was test knitting. But I can't show pictures of them until after February 1st. It is for the Ravelry group Fingerless Gloves Fanatics February KAL.

I finished the scarf and it is blocking:


We are going to Ohio for my father-in-law's 80th birthday. And so I decided my husband needed a hat for the c-o-l-d Ohio weather. : )
So I started one:

It will match his fingerless gloves. (And I hope to have it done this weekend)

So then I stopped to wind some yarn...


I want to knit the Sockdown! Jan Mystery socks. It involves beads! So I had to order some beads (haven't received them yet). In the meantime, I wound the yarn I hope to use (if the beads match ok).

It is Knit Picks Gloss, color Cosmos. I love this yarn! It is so soft, 70% merino wool, 30% silk. I've made four pairs of fingerless gloves out of this yarn and it is time to make a pair of socks out of it.

I also wound some Kollage Lucsious sock yarn (63% cotton, 37% nylon). I need to make a sample pair of socks for a sock class.


And then I HAD TO wind a few cakes of Cascade 220 the Heathers for my Must Have Cardigan.
Colonial Blue. I love blue! It is such a soft blue color. And I love cables. I have wanted to knit a sweater with cables.

I am anxious to start my sweater and had to do a gauge swatch. I got gauge! So time to cast on!!

I haven't even mentioned the fingerless gloves I want to start...
Ambitious list to start out the new year, don't ya think?

1 comment:

smariek said...

Ooh, a yarn swift! I want one of those. I don't NEED one of them, but I'd love to have one.