Seduce: to win over; attract

Yarn seduces me with her siren call. "Pick me! Pick me!" I am hopelessly enchanted by yarn and am delighted by the endless choices.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Today a WIP update:

Sockdown! Feb. I did finish one sock and started the other. (Good thing I have until the end of Mar to finish it in order to qualify for a prize)















Sockdown! Mar. This month's challenge is to use the technique of lace, or a pattern by Cat Bordhi, or the Mystery Sock. (I'm all for the Mystery Sock but have to wait until I have a free set of needles.)

I had started the sock Blackrose by Suzi Anvin using a superwash merino/bamboo blend by Gaia's Colours. The colorway is Dionysus (sort of a dark purple). I am loving this yarn; it is soooo soft and feels wonderful on the hand. The color does look dark which is perfect for the pattern Blackrose!















The Blueberry Tea Mitts are coming along fine. I love cables and this is a wonderful pattern by Paula McKeever. The yarn is Knit Picks Gloss Dusk (blue of course!!).















One of the Mar Fingerless Glove Fanatics (fgf) kal is Swan Maiden Mitts by Holly Terrell. I am using Malabrigo Kettled Dyed Violeta Africana (leftovers from a previous sock I did) fingering weight on size 1 dpn. I was afraid it was working up too small but I think it will come out alright. The ribbing part is suppose to be tighter right?















The Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
I have not made one before and our Quilt/Yarn/Cross-Stitch shop offered a class. I thought it was a great opportunity to learn how this "surprise" worked. I was hoping it would be a little smaller (like for a newborn) but at least I'll learn the technique and can make a smaller one. I'm using Lambs Pride Superwash in Mint Cream and Lemon Ice on size 7 needles.














***on a side note***
Today's horoscope:
"You could be doing a lot of serious thinking today, and it ought to be a good time to work on any projects that require intense focus and concentration."
Like lace, right?!

1 comment:

smariek said...

Looks like your horoscope is in tune with your knitting!